- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
I will always reblog this. She has the mind and heart I’ve always admired, I strive to be like her every day.
That’s it that’s the show
This is how fucking stupid you sound when you say, ‘No homo.’
Seriously this is how stupid you sound when you say no homo.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY BLOG
IM JUST LAUGHING SO HARD
moment of silence 4 ppl who have to deal with surprise dick pics
So now I’m gonna be brave for you…
CAUSE IT’S NINE IN THE AFTERNOON
This is it
This is the post that made me lose my sanity
when somebody joins tumblr
friend: fall out boy has stupidly long song titles
The notes on this shit. Some are like ‘that’s cute, that’s thoughtful’ etc., some say ‘am I the only one seeing the blood?’ And then, THEN, there’s people like ‘lol eww that’s so disgusting’. And most of them are women. No, sorry, I’ll rephrase, silly little girls.
Sorry, are periods unnatural to you? Is a perfectly normal bodily function so alien to you that you have to publically shame others for it? This picture is meant to be a statement.
Sorry if the subject of period blood is too fucking taboo for you, kiddos. Women bleed, get over it.
and if a guy ever makes you feel uncomfortable about it, feel free to throw him in the trash can.